Monday, January 12, 2009

Daddy DayCare Begins!



For the past few months (three to be exact), dad has left during the day while I get to stay home with Mom. He went off to work and left Mom all alone to feed me, change my diapers and keep me entertained. I think of myself as pretty low maintenace, but I do come with a bit of work. Mom made it look so easy. I am guessing dad will be surprised at how tiring it can be... and he gets to use a bottle to feed me. 

So, today was Dad's first shot at a full day of watching me without any assistance. Sadly, that meant that Mom had to go back to work today. I was not looking forward to this day, but I knew it was coming. To prepare, yesterday we spent the entire day together as a family. It was a lot of fun.

Back to daddy day care. Overall, I think Dad did a pretty good job but he has some work to do. I actually threw him a few curve balls to keep his attention. Mom hid my socks so when daddy tried to dress me he made me look like a rodeo clown with all sorts of different colors. To be fair, he did let me wear my "Mommy Loves Me" shirt. Dad failed the "use a burp cloth after bottle" test. I missed her already.



Mid-morning, while taking my bottle, I decided to make a mess so big that it leaked out of the side of my diaper. After a short debate about what is more important - food or a clean diaper - dad yanked the bottle from me to change my diaper. He has got to learn to never mess with my meal time... no matter how bad the stench or dribble of poop down my leg.

I decided to ease up on him and we played some games on the floor. He tried to teach me how to grab for toys. I love Freddy the Firefly and my moroccas.  I have even started to let out a little belly laugh -mom and dad love it. Before mom came home, dad and I laid on the floor for tummy time and we looked at all of the photos in our album while listening to Jack Johnson - and then mommy walked in the door and I was very happy. It was a good day. Its going to be tough not having mommy around all of the time, but I am pretty lucky. 

2 comments:

Cori said...

I am sure Mommy really missed you while she was at work. I am proud of you for keeping Daddy on his toes! :) Can't wait to see you again soon, Finn! I still have your Christmas present!

Amy said...

:( Sorry Mommy had to go back to work. I'm sure she LOVED her (quick) three months at home with her adorable son!